Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More Thoughts on Cooperstown

More reflections on the week in the boys' own words





Tyler wrote:


Cooperstown was definitely the greatest experience of my lifetime, which would of never happened without Coach Murray. Everything was just amazing; the pin trading was so much fun because we got to meet and
interact with people from all over the country, and everyone wanted our pins thanks to Mrs. Murray. My favorite part of Cooperstown was hanging out with my teammates in the barracks and pulling pranks on everyone. Some of the pranks were just hilarious but “what happens in the barracks stays in the barracks.” Another great part of Cooperstown was Mike Jeffery putting everyone to sleep by singing the National Anthem. The last night he sang a concert of three songs, and then gave us luck by bringing his two friend graham cracker goldfish, Clarence and Dicky, to the games. Lastly, all of the games, win or lose, were fun and I had the time of my life in Cooperstown Dreams Park.

Cameron wrote:


George wrote:


Cooperstown is a once in a lifetime experience and was possibly one of the most fun weeks of my life. Everyone should get a chance to go there and visit and play whether you are a parent a player or a coach. For just a little while, the rest of the world disappears and you are all about baseball and having fun with your team and your coaches. For us, we went 4 and 4 and made it to the third round of the playoffs. And, we laughed a lot. I mean we really laughed a lot. If you didn't have fun in Cooperstown, then you don't know what fun is.

Rowan wrote:

I enjoyed so many things about Cooperstown - here are just a few of my favorites. One thing that I liked is the great competition we played against.  These teams made me better and it was fun to see what great youth prospects were out there. Also, I really liked staying in the barracks.  The pranks that went on in there were the cherry on top of the sundae. Another thing that I appreciated about Cooperstown were the fields.  They were all perfectly manicured and there were never any bad hops.

I also learned some important things in Cooperstown. For example, I learned that I'm not the messiest person in the world (although it was close). I also learned that I can survive on see-through bacon and Styrofoam eggs as long as I made frequent trips to the snack bar and Coach Murray's candy stash.

Thanks so much to Coach Murray and the other coaches for making this dream come true.

                                  Rowan Oberman # 86




Steven wrote:



Cooperstown was by far one of the greatest times of my life and I will always carry memories of the trip in my mind. Eating meals under the big tent was always an adventure with the mediocre food and the interesting food ladies. Stealing candy from Mr. Murrays stash and hiding it in our sleeping bags for a midnight snack was always fun. And, of course, the endless pranks in the barracks. WiffleBall was an intense sport for our team and could get out of hand at times. Pin Trading was fun too, but it wasn't one of my main concerns. Cooperstown was just great.

    P.S I learned that Mr. Murray isn't too shabby of a football player.

    A special thanks to the coaches: Code Brown
                                                     Mr. Clean
                                                     Gary
                                                     And Bobby B


MJ  wrote:

The trip to Cooperstown Dreams Park was one of the best experiences of my life. It is something that I will always be able to remember and reflect upon. There are tons of things that I will always remember about the trip. Pin trading was great because it gave us the ability to interact and socialize with kids from all over the country. The endless pranks in the barracks were hilarious. I will also remember my pets Clarence and Dickey our mascots and good friends. They were good fish and lived a good life until I got hungry on the bench- R.I.P. Wiffle Ball was very competitive for our team which made it even more exciting. Plus, I  learned that Mr. Murray is capable of Usain Bolt speed, judging by the way he ran when he was playing football. He is a legit monster. By the way, thanks for the candy Mr. Murray

    To: Code Brown
          Mr. Clean
          Gary
          and Bobby B