Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cooperstown in Their Own Words

The boys each wrote about their experience this week in Cooperstown:

Justin Lin wrote:


The Time Of My Life

            The Cooperstown Dreams Park trip was one of the best experiences of my life. My favorite part of the trip was the barracks. My second favorite part was the skills competition. Our team did amazing in the around the horn plus. I was surprised by how good my throw was from left field to home plate. I adored staying with all my teammates and getting to them better. Plus, almost every second in the barracks I was laughing at my teammates’ sense of humor. Having two games every day was also a thrill. I thought our team played pretty good, but there were some things that we could have improved on. However, no one was bothered because we came to have fun, and I had a ton of fun.


O.B. wrote (click to enlarge):


Daniel wrote (click to enlarge):

J.D. wrote:

I think that Cooperstown Dreams Park was a great experience. I had a lot of fun playing up there and thought it was cool playing on fields that major/minor league players have played on and also could have played on fields against future major/minor league players. I think that playing against these great AAU teams, will down the road in the playoffs of the league, districts, tournaments, etc will help us because we have
played against great competion before with success. On top of all that, I had the time of my life with my team in the barracks and Cooperstown village and it was great to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame for my first time. I would like to thank Coach Murray, Roth, Lin, Brancatella and Mrs. Murray for giving me the
opportunity to come to the tournement. In conclusion, I think that this was a great experience and a lot of fun and would encourage anyone or team to come to the Cooperstown Dreams Park Tournament.




Parker wrote (click to enlarge):


Owen Murray wrote:
 COOPERSTOWN
THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

THESE ARE MY FAVORITE MOMENTS, BUT NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER

1.THE DRIVE UP. The drive up with Mr. Murray and George. We saw many great sights such as beautiful mountains, breath-taking houses, naked men, cows, and a confused man chasing a chicken.

2. THE TENT FOOD...It was just so great...the see-through bacon, the phenomenal non-tasting eggs and much more...

3. THE CANDY BUCKET! It had every candy ever made, two hundreds dollars worth. Once we laid our eyes on it, it didn't last long.

4. DICKY AND CLARENCE, our dear goldfish friends. They were such a joy to our team...until Mike got hungry. R.I.P.

5. PIN TRADING. It was great meeting people from different states. "Y'all got pins??" Me and J-Wee had a nice little business going.

6. NIGHTS IN THE BARRACKS. Even though I stayed in the hotel twice, it was great staying there. Mike singing us to sleep, pranks, candy-eating, George laughing, and much more!

7. PRANKS!!!...I think Mr. Murray always had something up his sleeve, making him the greatest prankster of all..."gary"..."gary"..the awful deer repellant smell and taking people's stuff.

8. WIFFLE BALL Playing wiffle ball with the team.

9. THE PIT RESTAURANT JD vrs. George...who won? J.D.!! George tried to trick us by hiding his food so it would look like he ate it all, but J.D. still came out as champion!

I would just like to thank Bobbe B, Mr. Clean, oh...you know the rest ...in other words, Gary
and Code Brown.

                                 Thanks so much everything...it really was the time of my life!!